2015 was quite the year. Very different to any year I have had. On the fashion side of things we seen things like the blue and black dress (or was that gold and white?), gender fluid was the buzzword of the year, trainers were worn with EVERYTHING and the size of models came into question once again. While on the personal side, I got named RSVP "one to watch", got nominated for two Irish Beauty Blog awards, became an ambassador for The Styled Man Box, featured in U Magazine, MFI Magazine and EILE Magazine, became the only male blogger to make the final list for "Best Fashion Blog" at this years Blog Awards Ireland and became Frockadvisor's newest contributor. How crazy is all that? Although I am very proud of what I have achieved this year, I am glad 2015 is coming to an end because that means you get a blank canvas and that is just as exciting. However, I did learn a couple of things this year that I will stand by throughout the coming year.
1. Life is not one bit fair. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. That's just how it is. And that's not going to change anytime soon. Just breathe in, breathe out.
2. Don't be afraid to take risks. Whether that is speaking your mind or applying for a job in a different country. Do it. I did and I feel ten times better and more confident about where I stand for doing so. Just like Walt Disney once said: "If you can dream it, you can do it".
3. You are going to fail. More than a couple of times, to be honest. I have lost count of how many times I have not got what I wanted. You can have whatever you are willing to struggle for. Failing is part of succeeding, right?
4. If it makes you happy do it. Don't be afraid of what others say because someone will always have something to say about you. Thinking about yourself and your wellbeing is in no way selfish.
5. There is a pair of socks for every situation.